Tue 21st December 2021
Buying a washing machine is something we don’t want to do regularly! The best kinds of washing machines are built to last through busy family laundry days.
We expect a higher end washing machine to last a longer period of time. But what about value brands? How long does a Beko washing machine last?
We’re going through the definitive answer here in our helpful article.
First, let’s get the quick answer underway so you can find out for sure!
Studies indicate 10 years is standard for the life of a washing machine. Beko’s washing machine motor is guaranteed for 10 years which corresponds with the report’s findings. Officially, Beko does not give a definitive answer as to how long their washing machines last.
Ok with the mini answer in the bag, let’s dive a little deeper. So you can more easily understand how long a Beko washing machine lasts, let’s start first by taking a look at some background on the life cycle of a washing machine.
How long does a washing machine last?
Although there is no official figures from Beko on how long your washing machine should last, according to reports from WRAP, consumers expect an average of 6 years of life from their machine.
According to the same report, it also explained that the lifespan of a washing machine …along with its reliability is top of consumers’ buying requirements, which out ranks the price.
However, in a study by consumer report, we can expect a washing machine – which includes Beko washing machines – to have a lifespan of around 10 years.
So it’s good news to discover your Beko washing machine should outlive your expectations!
“Consumers expect an average of 6 years of life from their machine.”
Does the warranty match the lifespan of a washing machine?
In general most warranties expire way before the expected life of a particular machine.
So if you’re wondering how long a Beko washing machine will last, there’s no surprise for guessing the warranty will most likely run out before the expected lifetime of your machine.
Ok so what do we know about Beko washing machines? So you can more easily discover how long they are likely to last.
Read on to discover more…
Beko washing machines
- Value brand: Similar to other value brands such as Hotpoint and Indesit, Beko is one of the more affordable brands. They sit in the lower end of the price bracket and are usually somewhere between £200 and £300
- Energy efficient: Bekos compact space saving design features and energy efficiency has given the brand award winner status right across the globe. They are amongst the most energy efficient according to research by Energy Star.
- Innovative technology: Beko prides itself on innovative technology around family wellness and health. Giving back in terms of charity and care for the planet are top priorities for the brand.
- Minimalist design: Two of Beko’s top trademark features is its simplicity and minimalism, which extends throughout its models and across its catalog of products
- High end features on low cost models: For anyone wondering how long a Beko washing machine lasts, it’s useful to understand that some of their best features are found on entry level machines. So even the entry level washers will enjoy some features of its higher ticket models
One way Beko machines are built to last is that their washing machines are powered by their quiet and long lasting motor which comes with a 10 year guarantee.
So although there is no specific detail on how long the machines should last, this gives you a good indication that Beko expects at least 10 years of use from their machines.
“Their washing machines are powered by a quiet and long lasting
motor which comes with a 10 year guarantee.”
What about how long other machines last?
So although we’ve discovered Beko does not give any formal indication of the length of time their machines last, other manufacturers do have some guidelines.
According to a which report, Miele said their machines have been tested to last up to 20 years with an average five year warranty across their ranges.
Indesit, which also owns Hotpoint, said between seven and eight years.
So it appears that brands have differing lengths of time their machines will last, so make sure you research thoroughly before you purchase.
So for anyone wondering how long a Beko washing machine will last, how can you make sure you get the most out of it and make sure your machine lasts.
Take a look at our best tips on getting the most out of your Beko washer.
- Frequency of use: It stands to reason that a machine that is used very frequently, such as perhaps in a shared house or if you have a large family that a Beko machine may not last as long as one with significantly less use.
- Correct installation: make sure your Beko machine is properly installed by an expert or if you are doing it yourself, make sure you follow all the recommended manufacturers guidelines
- Avoid over or under loading: Your Beko machine is designed with specific loads in mind and it could affect the longevity of machine parts if it’s often loaded incorrectly.
- Install inside where possible: Although it might be a space saving idea to install your Beko machine in an outbuilding such as a shed or garage without central heating, this could lessen its life
- Detergent usage: Following Beko’s manufacturing guidelines regarding detergent use means you can
How to make a Beko washing machine last longer
Regular washing machine maintenance can help reduce breakdowns and costly water damage. Keep reading to see what steps you can take.
Washing machine maintenance can help you avoid breakdowns that could put the appliance out of commission — or worse, lead to leaks and costly water damage.
- Clean your Beko Washing Machine: Rinse away soap residue and buildup by running store-bought washing machine cleaner, or a solution of hot water, vinegar and baking soda through an empty load.
- Prevent musty odors and mildew: Leave the washer lid or door open between loads to dry out the unit and keep it smelling fresh.
- Measure your detergent: Read the appliance instruction manual to make sure you use the correct type and amount of detergent for your machine. Too much soap can leave residue on your clothes and cause excess wear and tear on your washer, and high-efficiency washers require a special, low-sudsing detergent.
- Don’t overload the machine: Use the appropriate amount of water for the size of the load. Wash heavy or bulky items in small loads since these are harder on the appliance.
- Add a drip pan underneath your washing machine: This is an important addition to an upstairs laundry room, since water leaks could damage the floors below it.
- Replace the water hoses: Check hoses regularly for bulging, cracking, fraying, and leaks around the ends. Replace the hose if a problem is found or every three to five years as part of a proactive maintenance program.
- Move the machine: Check that there is at least four inches between your washing machine and the wall to prevent hoses from kinking.
- Keep the machine level: A washing machine that’s off kilter can vibrate, rock or walk across the floor during the spin cycle, which can damage the floor or the machine. Balance the washer by turning the legs clockwise to lower it, and counterclockwise to raise it.
- Clean the lint filter: Depending on your machine, the lint collector may be located in the agitator tube, which is the center column of most machines, or near the top of the washtub. Keep it clean to help your washer run efficiently.
And to end on…
So we hope that’s covered everything you need to know about how long your Beko washing machine is likely to last, how to keep it maintained to extend its life and some of the best places to keep it in the best condition.
And of course don’t forget you can take the headache out of your Beko washing machine breakdown by taking out Homeforce appliance cover.
One of our U.K. wide, expert engineers will be able to get your laundry day back up and running in no time!
Call us Free, anytime on 0800 014 6336 or click here for a quick and easy quote.